3 Easy Fall Camping Recipes for Campfires or Grills
Autumn is here in the Lone Star State, which means it’s time to add a few fall flavors to our Texas diets! Whether you use the campfire or grill at your spacious RV site or cozy cabin rental when you stay at Great Escapes RV Resort North Texas, these easy fall camping recipes are just the way to welcome the cooler days and nights!
Fall Camping Recipes for Campfires or Grills
Pumpkin French Toast–Texas-Style
⅔ cup milk
½ cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
2 teaspoons sugar
½ teaspoon sea salt
8-10 slices of Texas toast
1. Whisk ingredients in a bowl large enough to contain a slice of Texas toast.
2. Dip each slice in the bowl and soak both sides.
3. Add a tablespoon of butter to your skillet before frying each slice. Fry each side until golden and crispy.
4. Serve your French Toast with maple syrup, and dig in!
BBQ Spicy Apricot Chicken Wings
2 cups apricot jam
4 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
¼ cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon kosher salt
3 lbs. chicken wings
1. In a large bowl, combine ingredients and toss in chicken wings to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
2. Grill the chicken wings, covered, over moderately high heat. Turn them occasionally until they are charred in spots and cooked through. Transfer the chicken wings to a platter and enjoy.
Warm Caramel Apple Drink
1. Warm apple cider over a fire or grill.
2. Pour cider into mugs, top with whipped cream, drizzle on caramel, and garnish with a cinnamon stick. *For a cocktail version, add a splash of dark rum before piling on the toppings.
Running Low on Propane or Firewood?
Stop by our camp store for another bundle or two so you can continue preparing fall camping recipes, enjoying fireside chats, and sipping on warm campfire drinks with family and friends. This season will surely be the most memorable, cozy camping experience of them all!