If you love dining on fresh fish you’re in luck as some of the best catches can be had at Great Escapes RV Resort North Texas. Located in Perrin, Texas, it’s here you can reel in some catfish and bass from the shores of our private lake!
Spend the day casting your line and enjoying the open air in a place like no other. After you’ve got a cooler full of fresh fish, it’s time to head back to the resort and grill it up for dinner (or lunch).
Not sure about the right way to grill?
Here are some quick tips to make it easy for you as you sit around the campfire at the resort:
- Fire up the grill, add some oil on the grates by using a napkin every few minutes once the fish hits the grates. The oil will keep it from burning and sticking.
- Brush the fish on both sides with light veggie oil.
- Season with salt and pepper or whatever you like.
- Place the fish skin side down and diagonal.
- Cut heat back to medium, cover the grill, and cook. Don’t move the fish until the skin side is brown, crispy; around 2 to 4 minutes.
- Lift the fish gently with a spatula after 2 minutes; if it doesn’t cleanly lift off the grill, continue to cook until it releases cleanly.
- Flip the fish onto the second side by using two utensils.
- Cover the grill, cook until the centers of the fillets are opaque, or use a cooking thermometer to reach 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
After dinner, relax at the pool or take in the starry skies from your RV site or cabin!